Writing is such a valuable skill that can open doors for you and provide you lots of opportunities.
Writing is a part of our daily lives, from social media, trying to write the perfect IG captions, writing resumes and business plans and proposals, selling your services or products with words that help you connect to your prospective client is something that can determine how good your business is going to turn out.
Therefore knowing how to write properly is a highly sort after skill that can change your life and give you an income skill not just for your but that you can outsource to help others.
While this course is not for everyone, writing is a skill everyone uses, so if you want to improve your writing for applications, resumes, or blogging? This course is most definitely for you.
In a world where your ability to write words that sell can make you money and put you in places of opportunity, Writing has become a much more valuable and learnable skill.
You can make a life-changing income from learning how to write and writing properly.
Writing is a learnable skill ( any skill actually if you know how to learn properly)
Learning to write can help you better present your skills from personal statements to resumes to presentations at work to articles in your websites to marketing materials on your business.
Moe Odele’s Connecting to the world with words
has created a writing course titled “connecting to the world with words.”
In this review, I would be showing you a detailed overview of what the course covers and if it is the right fit for you.
This is not the first Course that Moe has put out but this would be my very first review of her course.
Go through this and even if it is not for you, You might know someone who this course can benefit.
This course promises to teach you how to connect to people through words and this can help you in a lot of ways as in this day and age “words sell.”
Moe’s personal back story of almost failing the Nigerian law school and still getting admitted to several ivy league schools for her Masters shows how much writing has done for her
She attributes this to being able to tell through “words” stories that connected with the admission committees of those schools.
She ended up going to Columbia, finishing 3 post-graduate fellowship, and teaching at Columbia for a while. All these accomplished from a “well-written statement”
“Writing Is Powerful “– Moe Adele
Writing has become a vital part of our lives as you need it to reach people especially if you have a service to sell. You need to communicate in a way that people can connect with.
As an affiliate marketer who depends on words to sell, I know how valuable this skill is as I have written a previous review.
So Let’s take apart everything you can learn from this course and the pros and cons from my perspective.
(If you love the video you can watch the Intro Video to the course here which is absolutely free).
I would be giving you a breakdown of the most important points from the video and what you can do and how you can make money passively by learning how to write “words that sell” not just you but your product or services.
Course Created: January 2020
Founder: Moe Odele
Type: Online Course ( Writing )
Price: $200 full payment, of course, Installment ( 2 payments of $125/m), $500 (Full Payment for the course plus one on one sessions with Moe spread over 2 months period)
Best For: Anyone looking to earn money writing, Newbies, Professional writers looking to improve their skills in the digital marketing world, affiliate marketers, anyone looking for ways to make passive income online.
Moe Odele is a Finance Attorney, Investor, Academic and International Business Consultant who owns and runs a law firm with her partners named “Vazi Legal”, which is focused on innovations with most of her clients being startups and entrepreneurs who are trying to save the world.
Moe is also a part of “Scale my hustle” which is a community of entrepreneurs from Africa. This according to Moe comes as a natural progression from being a start-up lawyer for 9 years now.
Scale my hustle has a reach of about 40,000plus entrepreneurs spread across Africa as of today. There is also a paid community of about 100 entrepreneurs on Scale my hustle.
Moe is also a part of TipHub which is an early-stage investment fund tied to Vazi legal and Scale my hustle. Tiphub was founded in 2014. The idea behind Tiphub is for Africans in the diaspora. Tiphub is focused on startups that are impact-driven in education, healthcare, and wellness
Moe has a massive social media presence especially on twitter and her Newsletter #LettersfromMoe has been a huge success with has over 5000 subscribers in its first week with an 80% Open rate (which is quite impressive), and this newsletter is focused on personal development and life hacks ( I am a part of this and you should sign up here too).
Moe’s writing resume is just as impressive as her career to date. From high school, she had been a part of
- Plush magazine which was focused on environmental friendliness
- In her University days, she made money on the side (Passive income) writing plans and proposals for student entrepreneurs
- She worked at the Bureau of Social Services, which was tasked with making sure that all the project of the government was properly monitored. She worked as the associate editor of the newsletter interpreting surveys carried out by the agency and publishing it in news format that people could understand easily
- Her earlier works as a lawyer was at a new Law firm in Lagos and one of the ways used to tell people what the firm was all about was through writing newsletters, of which she was the firm’s Editor.
- While she worked as a lawyer in Nigeria, Moe had another side hustles like “ The Social Media Place” which was about helping brands translate their stories online.
- Also, during her Masters in Columbia Law, she helped the school journal as an editor and co-authored in lots of writings with Columbia Law School and NYU
- One of Moes writings is currently being used in the UN for investigation by several governments around the world( details… hush)
- After her MSc at Columbia Law, she started working there with a particular body of Columbia Law school focused on sustainable investment where she wrote as well, editing newsletters and blog write-ups. She also published a couple of articles with that agency
- She also worked with an NGO where her writings have featured at the World Bank, IMF,
This shows that Moe has done several types of writing and is well versed in this.
About The Course
This is a breakdown of all you would learn if you decide to take this course.
Lesson One: Writing IS Hard, Let’s Simplify it.
The objectives of these lessons are:
- Simplifying writings for you
- How to become less afraid or less lazy
- How to Use Storytelling in your writing
Lesson Two: Keeping It Authentic
The objectives of this lessons are to teach you on
- Making sure your readers can connect to you
- Maintaining Authenticity in your writings
Lesson Three: What do people care about.
The objectives of this lesson are to teach you
- How to know what your readers care about
- How to ensure that your readers are more engaged with your writing
Lesson Four: Business Writing
The objective of this lesson is to
- What makes the business different and what you can do to make it right
- Building and growing a newsletter audience for your business
- Using content marketing and drip campaigns to grow your brand
Lesson Five: Removing Fluff from your writing
The objective of this lesson is to
- Identify the things your readers do no need to know
Lesson Six: Moe’s 10 favorite rules on writing
The objective of this lesson is to
- Identifying the simple rules you must know about writing
- How to apply them
- Rules to make your writings connect
You get certain bonuses for being a part of this course and they are:
1. 10 curated writings and materials
2. Writing worksheet to help improve your writing and keep you accountable
For an extra $390, you can get:
- One on One coaching sessions with Moe ( Phone calls)
- Help to outline your business objectives whether for personal or business
- Detailed road map on how t reach your goals.
- Tailored Help.
There are some things i really love about this course and why i highly recommend it to you if you are looking for ways to make passive income.
- You can learn from anywhere at your own pace
- You have access to writing materials and skills
- Money-back guaranteed
- the ability to have Moe mentor you for 2 months with her vast experience is something unmatch
- Skills learned from learning how to connect with words would help you make money online as this is a highly sort after skill
- You can pay in two installments
- Video lessons
Asides the price of this course which some might consider a bit “expensive”, I personally think it is worth it as you can make 10x the amount you pay for this course by monetizing your skills on freelance sites or freelancing for companies.
This is a great course for you if you are looking to learn a new high-income skill that can go a long way in your journey for personal development.
PS: While I am primarily an affiliate marketer and make money of other links on this website ( at no extra cost to you), I am not marketing this course as an affiliate and do not get paid if you decide to buy this course.
I just believe it is very helpful to you in your journey to make money online and writing is a skill that is becoming highly lucrative and this course can help you become a better writer no matter your present skill levels.
you should most definitely check out.